• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099 not sent so...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmmagique

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KY

I know that I have to report the income, and that is fine. I have my records because I was only paid in bank transfers so that is easy to figure out.

I know that if I don't report it under 1099, I report it under schedule C.

I have other income that I will be reporting under schedule C. Do I lump this all together, or are there seperate spaces for each? (I'm using turbo tax and don't have it pulled up right now, so please forgive such silly questions.)

The person I worked for was not happy that I quit, and I have reason to believe she will hold onto the 1099 for as long as possible, and maybe even over-report what I made.

If I do receive a 1099 after filing (with the money I made working for her included) do I need to re-do my taxes, take that amt. out of the schedule C and report it as 1099 info?

I only want to do this one time, but am weighing the options of waiting, letting her tell me it must have gotten lost in the mail, waiting for her to resend it, etc, or just doing them now especially if I don't have to adjust it later. I already requested the info through an email, but she has not replied. I don't expect her to.

Any advice?

Tia!!

FlyingRon

The 1099's don't need to be filed by you. If you know the amount that should be on them (remember this includes all money paid out to you including expenses) just put that on the schedule C and file. If it's different later on you can amend the return (and/or fight for corrections).

mmmagique

Thank you very much for your reply!

I guess my main question right now is do I do it separately under schedule C (as I have other self-employed income to report) or lump everything together? I don't know if there is a way to separate the money I earned from her, vs the money I earned in another venue.

And then my second question is if I file now and she sends me a 1099, do I have to amend that to have her name and ein on it somewhere, or is the 1099 info strictly just for me (as I suspect.)

Thanks for your time and patience!!

~Christina

You put all your income from the same business on the same schedule C. You don't need to segregate it out between income which has a 1099 attached and that which has not.

FlyingRon

If you consider it to all be the same business you can just add everything up on line 1 of the schedule C no matter how many 1099's you have or money received that isn't accounted for by 1099. It's quite possible that the same business receives money from multiple customers.

If you have multiple businesses, then you need to file a separate Sched C for each one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">