• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099 for overseas work?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenwilhelm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

Hi all,

In 2012 I did some web development work for a company in London, UK (while living in the US). I haven't received a 1099 form in the mail from them yet, but I'm not sure if I should expect to since they're a non-US company. Do I need to ask this company for a 1099, and if not, what form should I request from them?

Thanks so much! :D

Last edited:

FlyingRon

You don't submit the 1099's with your return either. They're purely informational as to what you have been paid (informational to you and also to the IRS).

tranquility

You don't submit the 1099's with your return either. They're purely informational as to what you have been paid (informational to you and also to the IRS).
Sometimes, there is withholding listed on the 1099. If so, it needs to be submitted with the return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">