• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099-R Disability Pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fluffy151109

What is the name of your state?GU
Sorry for posting this again, but I think I closed myself out..... :eek:
Need some help clarifying where exactly should I report my disability pension on my 1040A, due to that my local tax department changed it from line 7, to 12 a & b. Mind you now that I used two different tax software that report it on line 7 (taxact & turbotax) but our local tax department insisted it was wrong. I am only 46 years old and retired on a disability in 1995 from our local goverment of guam. Here another interesting thing, with the changes they made it still did not changed my refund amount, but yet when I changed it as per there insistance the tax software showed a changed in refund that would reflect a lower amount report this on line 12 a & b.
your response is greatly appreciated and needed as soon as possible

many tks :)

LdiJ

fluffy151109 said:
What is the name of your state?GU
Sorry for posting this again, but I think I closed myself out..... :eek:
Need some help clarifying where exactly should I report my disability pension on my 1040A, due to that my local tax department changed it from line 7, to 12 a & b. Mind you now that I used two different tax software that report it on line 7 (taxact & turbotax) but our local tax department insisted it was wrong. I am only 46 years old and retired on a disability in 1995 from our local goverment of guam. Here another interesting thing, with the changes they made it still did not changed my refund amount, but yet when I changed it as per there insistance the tax software showed a changed in refund that would reflect a lower amount report this on line 12 a & b.
your response is greatly appreciated and needed as soon as possible

many tks :)
I agree that it doesn't belong on line 7, because it isn't wages, salaries or tips. Only temporary disability payments get reported on line 7...because they are temporary in lieu of wages. I also agree that it belongs on line 12a and 12b. I also believe that you need to be filling out a schedule R.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">