• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099r

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

USNRET

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA.Daughter died in Ca.and I,her father,was next of kin.Through proper channels I received a check,she had invested on through her job (401a),for a total of $16629.91 of which there was a federal tax deduction of $3,325.98,net $13303.93.As a 9 year retiree with my gross income the last 3 years I have not filed income tax forms.This year I will have to as far as I know.Using a 1040A will I list the 1099R on item 12b.My other income being $17064 SSec and $17496 milret.Thanks for any help you guys send me.:confused:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA.Daughter died in Ca.and I,her father,was next of kin.Through proper channels I received a check,she had invested on through her job (401a),for a total of $16629.91 of which there was a federal tax deduction of $3,325.98,net $13303.93.As a 9 year retiree with my gross income the last 3 years I have not filed income tax forms.This year I will have to as far as I know.Using a 1040A will I list the 1099R on item 12b.My other income being $17064 SSec and $17496 milret.Thanks for any help you guys send me.:confused:
You might try using an online program to handle your tax return electronically, but yes, the income from the 1099R would go on 1040A line 12b.

However, if you have had 17496.00 of military retirement income, on top of 17064 in social security, you were required to file federal tax returns if you are single, and I would suspect that you were required to file state tax returns as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">