• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$14,500 Income Exclusion for Disability GA State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prognewbie

What is the name of your state? GA. Does anyone know exactly how to claim the $14,500 income exclusion on the GA Income Tax Return. State instructions are very vague but to my understanding, since I was totally and permanently disabled for the entire year, I can deduct up to $14,500 of my disabilty payments and place this amount ($14,500) on GA Form 500 Page 1 line 9 (Adjustments from Schedule 1) and on Page 3 Lines 5b,10, and 11. That way our Fed.Adj.Gross on Page 1 Line 8 is lowered by subtracting this $14,500. to come up with the GA.Adj.Gross? For some reason TurboTax is only placing $4100. on this line and I am not sure why when even though filing a joint married return we both had our own income and I am not adjusting any of my spouse's income at all. Please help ASAP. Thank you. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">