• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st Time Home Tax Credit Skeptical Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WealthWheels

I have purchased a home last year around this time and I still have not sent
in the required documents for the 1st time home buyers 8,000.00 Credit
because I don't understand the government or trust them with the required
info they are requesting to get it.

Am I seriously being over paranoid or do I have good reason to believe that
I'd be pooled or selected into some category that would devalue my life or
future endeavors somehow?

Thank for your replies....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LillianX

You're being paranoid. Send in the paperwork and get your credit!

Here's a nugget for your paranoia: Do you really think there's something you're going to tell them on a form that they're not able to ascertain through other means?

FlyingRon

What part of your life you think you are providing that they don't have already?
They have your SSN, they know where you live, they know where your property is, they know everywhere you work, they know if you have more than a trivial amount of gambling windows, etc...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sounds to me like the OP *already* claimed it and is now being asked to provide additional documentation.

ETA: Nope, I'm wrong - oops.

FlyingRon

This is a forum for LEGAL advice, not a branch for the tin foil division of the Huffington Post.
The only thing they ask for is the purchase price of the house (so they can compute the value of the credit, $8000 is the maximum, it might be less) and a series of non-onerous yes/no questions as to whether you qualify.

davew128

The only thing they ask for is the purchase price of the house (so they can compute the value of the credit, $8000 is the maximum, it might be less) and a series of non-onerous yes/no questions as to whether you qualify.
Ron, the OP didn't ask if he/she qualified or what was on the form...;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">