• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 years resident tax exemption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonab

What is the name of your state? Florida

My parent bought a property in Orlando FL in November 2003 and in October 2004 filed a quitclaim deed on the property to me and my brother. January 2005 my brother and I quitclaimed it back to my parent. Does 2 years residency for tax exemption on capitol gain count if my parent were to sell the house this coming November 2005 or does 2 years residency tax exemption count start new from January when we quitclaim back to them?

Thanks.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: does 2 years residency tax exemption count start new from January when we quitclaim back to them?

A: Yes.

http://www.inman.com/bruss/

I am not a tax lawyer but I read that in a Bob Bruss column. (This site has irritating sound so be careful if you are at work.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">