• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2007 Taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I am needing to file my 2007 taxes ASAP like tonight hopefully. I am needing to file a 1099-misc. The company that I was doing work for never sent me a 1099. They went out of buisness the end of 2007. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should file? I am trying to do it on File Late Tax Returns Online | 2005-07 Tax Filing | Prior Tax.com so that I get the calculations correct. I know that I have to mail it in. Oh and while I was entering in the information it asked for the payers ID # and I have no idea what that is. I did do a search online and nothing came back under the company name. Any help would be great. Thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I am needing to file my 2007 taxes ASAP like tonight hopefully. I am needing to file a 1099-misc. The company that I was doing work for never sent me a 1099. They went out of buisness the end of 2007. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should file? I am trying to do it on File Late Tax Returns Online | 2005-07 Tax Filing | Prior Tax.com so that I get the calculations correct. I know that I have to mail it in. Oh and while I was entering in the information it asked for the payers ID # and I have no idea what that is. I did do a search online and nothing came back under the company name. Any help would be great. Thanks
Instead of trying to enter a 1099 that you don't have (and therefore are missing info) simply treat the income as cash self-employment income and put it directly on your schedule C.

Instead of trying to enter a 1099 that you don't have (and therefore are missing info) simply treat the income as cash self-employment income and put it directly on your schedule C.
I attach my schedule C to my 1040 correct? Im sorry Im just confused.

LdiJ

I attach my schedule C to my 1040 correct? Im sorry Im just confused.
If you had all of the information to enter the 1099, it would automatically generate a Schedule C....because that income is technically self employment income. There should be a way, in the software that you are using, to put cash/non-1099 income onto the Schedule C.

Yes, the Schedule C also needs to be printed out and attached to your 1040.

However, no matter how much of a hurry you are in, if its likely that you are going to make a mistake and do it wrong, you REALLY should consider going to a tax professional. You could probably still walk into a tax professional tommorrow and get it done....we haven't quite hit hell weeks yet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">