• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Additional income report question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichka

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ
Hi! I have 2 questions.
1. I'm working on regular job as a handyman and also was doing a side job here and there on weekend. I want to report this additional income, which was about $8000, beside W2. What is the best way to do this?

2. My wife has registered a sole proprietorship this year but earned some income before official registering a business last year (about $6000) and she wants to report that income. Which way would be the best and easiest?

Thank you very much.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ
Hi! I have 2 questions.
1. I'm working on regular job as a handyman and also was doing a side job here and there on weekend. I want to report this additional income, which was about $8000, beside W2. What is the best way to do this?

2. My wife has registered a sole proprietorship this year but earned some income before official registering a business last year (about $6000) and she wants to report that income. Which way would be the best and easiest?

Thank you very much.
You would file your income from side jobs on schedule C.

Your wife's income earned prior to registering as a sole proprietorship would be reported on schedule C, and so would the income from the registered sole proprietorship.

Therefore your tax return would have one schedule C for you, and one schedule C for your wife.

If you are unfamiliar with schedule Cs, I would recommend that you use a tax professional this year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">