• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amended W-2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shirishkale

I am resident of New Jersey. On Dec 2001 I left my company to join a new company. My last paycheck for 2001 was paid in 2002.
When I recieved my w-2 in 2003 id had execess amouts. It was showing $15000 when I had recieved only 7500 I got a second W-2 from the employer with correct amount listed. I used this new W-2 to file taxes

IRS has sent me a notice of incorrect tax payment stating that they have a copy of 15000 listed W-2 and not 7500 listed W-2.

What proof do I need to give IRS to prove that I recieved only 7500 and not 15000

R

Ramoth

You first need to call your previous employer and ask if they filed a W2-C.

abezon

Send the IRS a copy of the corrected W-2 & a brief note that you received a corrected W-2, & you assume the IRS has not yet processed the W-2C.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">