• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Athlete Sponsorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bWilly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I airbrush bodybuilders and figure/fitness athletes. I sponsor the fees for some of the athletes, usually 1 - 2 per show. How if at all can I write off these 'freebies'?
Also, I usually do all of the work myself, occasionally I grab somebody from the local venue to assist me and I pay them cash. In the past I have not been able to use these payments as write offs. I spoke with a business owner in New York and they mentioned they can write off up to $600.00 per job as 'Incidental Labor' is there anything like that for Washington?

Thank you for your time and effort:)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
I airbrush bodybuilders and figure/fitness athletes. I sponsor the fees for some of the athletes, usually 1 - 2 per show. How if at all can I write off these 'freebies'?
Also, I usually do all of the work myself, occasionally I grab somebody from the local venue to assist me and I pay them cash. In the past I have not been able to use these payments as write offs. I spoke with a business owner in New York and they mentioned they can write off up to $600.00 per job as 'Incidental Labor' is there anything like that for Washington?

Thank you for your time and effort:)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Its not 600.00 per job. Incidental/casual labor is acceptable in very small doses, as long as you document the expense well, and document well to whom you paid the money. If you have any one person that you pay more than 600.00 to in a year's time, you MUST issue a 1099 Misc.

As far as the "freebies" are concerned, the actual cost (not your labor but the actual cost) of doing them can be considered an advertising expense.

bWilly

Thank you for your reply.
On the 'Document well' statment, what would that intail? SSN, copy of DL, signed document of some sort?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">