• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Audit information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ironheardt

I was audited last year and ended up owing 5k. which I paid off. Can I and if so where do I enter the amount I paid on this years form? Do I just enter it under MISC Taxes and do I need a form from the IRS? Oh Missouri tax question I guess I dont know why you need to know that but, it says to enter state.

LdiJ

ironheardt said:
I was audited last year and ended up owing 5k. which I paid off. Can I and if so where do I enter the amount I paid on this years form? Do I just enter it under MISC Taxes and do I need a form from the IRS? Oh Missouri tax question I guess I dont know why you need to know that but, it says to enter state.
If the 5k was state taxes then you would have to itemize and list the amount on schedule A.

If the 5k was federal taxes then it would not be reported on your federal taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">