• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ form 201

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Pat

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona My renter recently presented me with an AZ 201 tax form to fill out. I have never had a long term renter before (he is 89 and has been in my condo for 6.5 months) and was surprised when I read this form. Evidently, I am required by law to fill it out & return to him. It looks like this form allows him to claim a credit off his taxes (based on a certian percentage of his rent) from the taxes I pay on my condo. Am I understanding this correctly? If so, will this affect my tax deductions when I list the taxes I have paid as one of my expenses or will his credit claim affect my ability to also declare it. When did this law (?) form come into being. I have asked some people who are also renters over the age of 65 & they know nothing about it and are very interested in learning more. Please advise and Thank You very much for your time.

seniorjudge

2Pat said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona My renter recently presented me with an AZ 201 tax form to fill out. I have never had a long term renter before (he is 89 and has been in my condo for 6.5 months) and was surprised when I read this form. Evidently, I am required by law to fill it out & return to him. It looks like this form allows him to claim a credit off his taxes (based on a certian percentage of his rent) from the taxes I pay on my condo. Am I understanding this correctly? If so, will this affect my tax deductions when I list the taxes I have paid as one of my expenses or will his credit claim affect my ability to also declare it. When did this law (?) form come into being. I have asked some people who are also renters over the age of 65 & they know nothing about it and are very interested in learning more. Please advise and Thank You very much for your time.
www.fileyourtaxes.com/forms_pubs/2003/AZ-instr201.pdf

2Pat

Thank You Seniorjudge. Now, when I get my taxes done for this year will his claim deduction affect my ability to get a tax deduction when I include the condo property taxes I paid for the year? It just seems odd to me that 2 people would be allowed to recieve a deduction on the same taxed property.

seniorjudge

2Pat said:
Thank You Seniorjudge. Now, when I get my taxes done for this year will his claim deduction affect my ability to get a tax deduction when I include the condo property taxes I paid for the year? It just seems odd to me that 2 people would be allowed to recieve a deduction on the same taxed property.
Ask your tax professional....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">