• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Babysitting income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrstucker

Missouri. I babysit for a friend of mine and I was wondering if the income I make from watching her daughter is taxable or not. I only make $100 each week and have been doing it since the beginning of June. I don't expect to make more than $2500 by the end of this year. Do I have to claim it?

davew128

Missouri. I babysit for a friend of mine and I was wondering if the income I make from watching her daughter is taxable or not. I only make $100 each week and have been doing it since the beginning of June. I don't expect to make more than $2500 by the end of this year. Do I have to claim it?
ALL income is reportable and taxable unless stated otherwise by the tax code. I am not aware of any exceptions for babysitting income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">