• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Account Frozen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robenoskey

What is the name of your state? Texas

I owe sales tax from a business that was foreclosed on in 05. The state has now frozen my personal checking account. There was no money in it at the time, overdrawn. Took care of overdrafts to bring account to zero but can't close the account. My husband, not liable for the debt, could not stop his paycheck direct deposit until next payroll cycle. Will we just lose that paycheck? Or is there anything we can do? This money is essential to pay necessary living expenses. Help! Can't find how the law reads on this.

Dandy Don

You need to be talking to someone directly at the bank about this. They can do the necessary preventative steps. Your husband needs to open account at another bank if possible. How much taxes are owed?

If the bank won't help you, consult a business law attorney and post your question to the business law message board.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

LdiJ

robenoskey said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I owe sales tax from a business that was foreclosed on in 05. The state has now frozen my personal checking account. There was no money in it at the time, overdrawn. Took care of overdrafts to bring account to zero but can't close the account. My husband, not liable for the debt, could not stop his paycheck direct deposit until next payroll cycle. Will we just lose that paycheck? Or is there anything we can do? This money is essential to pay necessary living expenses. Help! Can't find how the law reads on this.
Contact the taxpayer's advocate office. You should be able to get some help there.

http://www.irs.gov/advocate/article/0,,id=97402,00.html

Also, talk to his employer again. There may be something the employer can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">