• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Account Seizure by IRS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SanFranGirl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?California

While checking my savings account balance several days ago I saw that a withdrawal/debit in the amount of approximately $11,000.00 had been deducted from my balance. The bank's notation indicated that it was regarding a "Legal Process". I called the bank and they told me the the withdrawal was IRS-related.

I never received any kind of notification from the IRS. I've received nothing!!

Several years ago I was making payments on taxes past due under an installment plan. The IRS suspended that plan when I became disabled and was unable to work. I was to contact them when I became employed, which I still am not.

100% of the funds that were seized from my bank account were Worker's Compensation payments that I receive due to a work-place injury. Since I don't know when or in what capacity I will be able to work again, those funds were to be used for living expenses. I will soon experience a severe hardship now that the funds are gone.

What are my options? Didn't the IRS violate their own collection policies? Can I dare to hope that the IRS will put those funds back and allow me to make payments? And, during the 15 days that the bank was supposed to have placed a freeze on my account, shouldn't the bank have notified me of action pending?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">