• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Expenses disallowed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m_mcgowan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
MA DOR has disallowed my salesman business expenses. Their reason is that my company has an accountable plan. However my employer only reimburses 22 cents per mile not at the IRS rate. Wouldn't I be eligible for the difference?
Also all business meals and entertainment needed manager approval and were all denied due to budget reasons. I have submitted what the company has reimbursed me. Their tactics seem very arbitrary and heavy handedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA
MA DOR has disallowed my salesman business expenses. Their reason is that my company has an accountable plan. However my employer only reimburses 22 cents per mile not at the IRS rate. Wouldn't I be eligible for the difference?
Also all business meals and entertainment needed manager approval and were all denied due to budget reasons. I have submitted what the company has reimbursed me. Their tactics seem very arbitrary and heavy handedWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
This is something you should be able to resolve with them if you provide proper evidence. You may want to get a tax professional involved to assist you with this.

davew128

While the MA DOR can be very aggressive, they are also top notch when it comes to application of the law. I find it difficult to believe that a properly prepared return and documentation to support it would have been disallowed, and for the record I have seen DOR toss everything on a saleman's return before. Something about NO substantiation of the expenses equalling 50% of the wages on his self prepared return....;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">