• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business registration and 2 sources of income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichka

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ

Hello!
I have 2 questions.
1.In 11/2008 I registered my business with State Division of Revenue. They sent me Certificate of Authority (CA-1). I am a sole proprietor. However, I didn't registered trade name yet with my state through county office clerk. The business didn't start to run yet either.
The question is: when submitting my income for 2008 do I have to file any form related to business if the business is not registered with county clerk yet but department of taxation only? If yes, what form?

2. In 2008 I had 2 sources of small income - not officially, I was self-employed as a baby sitter and a seller of handmade crafted items. My income is under $10000. How I should file to the IRS? Do I need to file 2 separate forms as self-employed as my income from 2 sources?

Thank you very much for your help.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ

Hello!
I have 2 questions.
1.In 11/2008 I registered my business with State Division of Revenue. They sent me Certificate of Authority (CA-1). I am a sole proprietor. However, I didn't registered trade name yet with my state through county office clerk. The business didn't start to run yet either.
The question is: when submitting my income for 2008 do I have to file any form related to business if the business is not registered with county clerk yet but department of taxation only? If yes, what form?

2. In 2008 I had 2 sources of small income - not officially, I was self-employed as a baby sitter and a seller of handmade crafted items. My income is under $10000. How I should file to the IRS? Do I need to file 2 separate forms as self-employed as my income from 2 sources?

Thank you very much for your help.
Since the two types of self employment are very different, it would probably be wise to file two different schedule Cs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">