• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA LLC tax - I owe over $3000 and didn't know it!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stacysummers

I started an LLC in ca in 2008. I started it thinking I had a great idea and everyone told me to start one but NO ONE told me there was an 800 tax that comes along with it. I decided not to start the business and never put anytime into it besides forming an llc. Then I found out about the 800 tax :eek: and immediately canceled the llc. Well the wonderful state lost my paperwork and for the last few years it has been accumulating all kinds of fees and now I just found out I owe over 3000 dollars!!! I call the state and they have no records of the paper work I filled out and turned in years ago and now I'm screwed! The worst mistake of my life and they wont budge. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do?
Thank you,
Stacy

Antigone*

I started an LLC in ca in 2008. I started it thinking I had a great idea and everyone told me to start one but NO ONE told me there was an 800 tax that comes along with it. I decided not to start the business and never put anytime into it besides forming an llc. Then I found out about the 800 tax :eek: and immediately canceled the llc. Well the wonderful state lost my paperwork and for the last few years it has been accumulating all kinds of fees and now I just found out I owe over 3000 dollars!!! I call the state and they have no records of the paper work I filled out and turned in years ago and now I'm screwed! The worst mistake of my life and they wont budge. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do?
Thank you,
Stacy
What proof do you have that you properly cancelled your LLC? If you don't have proof that can substantiate your claim, pay what you owe to the State.

stacysummers

I was young and didn't think to keep records or any kind of proof. I just assumed the state was organized and would put my dissolution paper work through properly. :mad: Its frustrating because I didn't even start the business and no one contacted me, letting me know all this interest was accumulating.

Antigone*

I was young and didn't think to keep records or any kind of proof. I just assumed the state was organized and would put my dissolution paper work through properly. :mad: Its frustrating because I didn't even start the business and no one contacted me, letting me know all this interest was accumulating.
You live and you learn:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">