• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA SDI excess credit question!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pk2007

Hello All,

I am using turbotax 2010 and I am not sure if it does correct calculations of my taxes:

I am filing MJ return in California with my wife and we both had 2 jobs and my ca sdi withholdings are $106 more than it’s supposed to be but my wages are less than 93316 ( summary of boxes # 16 on both of my W-2, right?)

Somehow turbotax is giving me that credit and based on their article they are calculating wages based on the box # 3 on W-2 form

California: Excess SDI does not get Recognized or Transfer to State - TurboTax® Software Support

is it correct? why they use federal SS wages to calculate CA SDI credit?

Please let me know - i cannot find answer anywhere.

Thank you vey muchWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">