• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i claim my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rosebud11

state- Michigan- im single and i worked up until i had my baby but the year will be over before i go back to work. can i still claim my child and benefit or do i have to have a job in order to claim him

rosebud11 said:
state- Michigan- im single and i worked up until i had my baby but the year will be over before i go back to work. can i still claim my child and benefit or do i have to have a job in order to claim him
Did you work at all this year? How much did you make?

Snipes5

Yes, you can claim your child. Although I have a strong suspicion that your question is incomplete. Whether or not you can claim your child has nothing to do with your actual income. Also, there isn't a "Child Benefit". You are perhaps confusing us with Canada?

Take your question to a local H&R Block office, give them all the facts, and see what they have to say.

Depending on your living arrangement and age, it may be more beneficial for someone else to claim you, and/or your child.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">