• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Combine Contract Labor Income with the income earned with my 9-5?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abzmfgb

Title sums it up. I have recently been offered an opportunity to earn extra income. They will issue me a 1099 at the end of the year. I am trying to decide rather to lump this income in with my normal yearly earnings or not. I will be paid $42 for food, .42 cent/mile and around 50/hr. I dont know if I will have enough deductions to justify claiming this income as sol proprietor. As of right now...I have four dependents and between me and my wife earning 75k+...we pay nothing in federal income tax. I was thinking if i could stay with in the same tax bracket maybe i would be better off lumping the extra income with my normal earnings. Any advice would be apreciated. Thanks

FlyingRon

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. You just can't "lump" the self-employment income with your W-2. You must declare it on the sched C and SE appropriately. You can take off all legitimate expenses off the top on the sched C.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">