• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i file jointly w/hubby and file my own?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boo1234

What is the name of your state?missouri
i am wondering if i can file my own taxes (dirived from ss) 8,76.00 . if i file by my self i dont have to pay taxes on this amount//my hubby made 15,000 this year and they only took out 58.00 , im worried to death that we will have to pay this year and with me disabled omg we wont make it . we have a daughter that we claim shes 16 but dosent work yet so we can claim her. and i was wondering if my hubby claims married filing jointly can i file my taxes seperately and still file with him because he does support our household.what do u think is this a stupid question?got any guesses :confused:

Snipes5

you can only file once file jointly with him you will get a huge refund anyway ss isnt taxable if your income is less than 32000 married filing joint return

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">