• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you do a DBA under an S-Corp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sage_1976

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I'm a published author. I write under a pen name. I incorporated several years ago (S-corp). This year I started do freelancing writing (under another pen name) and need to figure out how to handle that income. For tax purposes, I don't want to have it all paid directly to me. Is it possible to set it up so that my legal entity that is my primary pen name is DBA as the secondary pen name that's receiving the freelance income?

FlyingRon

First, you can publish and obtain copyright using a pen name that's distinct from the name you're getting paid under.

But the answer to your question is YES you can register a fictitious name for a corporation just the same as an individual.

sage_1976

Thank you!

First, you can publish and obtain copyright using a pen name that's distinct from the name you're getting paid under.

But the answer to your question is YES you can register a fictitious name for a corporation just the same as an individual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">