• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't pay taxes and already in bsnkruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pasofino123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota. I filed Bankruptcy year and a half ago and this year I thought my business was sold so I didn't pay my taxes and now she backed out and I can't pay them. The bankruptcy was for past back taxes. What should I do and who should I contact now?

tranquility

The IRS or a tax professional who can talk with them.

Your only option now is an offer in compromise. (Maybe for zero if you are truly destitute and don't look to earn more in the medium future.)

davew128

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Dakota. I filed Bankruptcy year and a half ago and this year I thought my business was sold so I didn't pay my taxes and now she backed out and I can't pay them. The bankruptcy was for past back taxes.
Pretty stupid to not pay your taxes because you're selling your business. You're responsible for those taxes up to and sometimes after you sell the business depending on the nature of the tax.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">