• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Care Expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amariscal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington. Child is in Texas.

By court order I can claim my child on odd years. I don't qualify for the child and dependent care credit because my child does not live with me. However, I pay for 57% of my child's day care expenses, paid by check to the child's mother whenever she sends copies of the invoices from the provider. For 2015, I paid almost $2600 and there has got to be some way to claim this expense on my taxes. Any advice?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington. Child is in Texas.

By court order I can claim my child on odd years. I don't qualify for the child and dependent care credit because my child does not live with me. However, I pay for 57% of my child's day care expenses, paid by check to the child's mother whenever she sends copies of the invoices from the provider. For 2015, I paid almost $2600 and there has got to be some way to claim this expense on my taxes. Any advice?
Sorry, but no, there is no way to do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">