• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ary1990

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
I raise my two grandchildren. Finally, after 3 years, the IRS attached the parent of my granchildren's tax return and we received some of the arrearages owned. The same day we put the check in our bank account, the State of Wisconsin levied my account and took the entire amount for back taxes I owed. This is the first time they did this and it certainly appears they were targeting that payment. Is this typical? We make very little and the monthly child support is a large part of what we use to live off of. Do I need to worry about them attaching our monthly child support payments?

Kiawah

Is there some law that says you don't have to pay your income taxes, but I do? I have kids that I am raising too.

Ary1990

I was kind of hoping to get some advice and not just be criticized. Yes I pay my income taxes; the levy is from taxes that came over to me from a failed business back in 2003.

ecmst12

The government has ways of getting its money and it doesn't much care about whether you can pay your other bills or not...

Antigone*

I was kind of hoping to get some advice and not just be criticized. Yes I pay my income taxes; the levy is from taxes that came over to me from a failed business back in 2003.
The advice would be to pay your taxes like the rest of us.

I suggest adding to your income stream and making paying arrangements with the IRS for any other monies you owe, this way you avoid any more surprises

mommyof4

We make very little and the monthly child support is a large part of what we use to live off of. Do I need to worry about them attaching our monthly child support payments?
wherever did you get the idea that CS is meant to be your major means of support? I suggest you get a better paying job or 2 so you can stop relying on CS to survive and pay your bills and debts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">