• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childcare expense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NY

Hi, I had a question. I have a support order with my daughters father. It breaks down the amount for the basic support, then the amount for health insurance, then then the amount childcare/babysitting. It is paid via the support unit garnished from his wages. Now is it all considered support? Can her father claim the childcare as an expense. The child lives with me and never spends time with her father (by the fathers choice). I then pay the babysitter directly myself. The babysitting is a small amount.

And we were never married.

Last edited:

Snipes5

No, he can't. The child has to live with him in order to claim childcare. Further, he would have to be paying the childcare directly, which he is not.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">