• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claiming a child on tax returns please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ptkamss

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
Any one know the laws about claiming dependents? i just went to court with my ex. he pays 64 a week in child support. my daughter and i live with my husband. i do not work and my husband solely supports our household. the judge ordered that we could not claim my daughter on our taxes unless i am working and i make 10,000 a year then i may claim her every other year. my ex does not come close to providing half of our daughters support. i figured it out and he will only have paid 2800 by the end of the year. he does not even support her at his house because he lives with his mom. if he gets to claim her he will get at least half of his child support back. i know there is a worksheet when you fill out your taxes which dtermines if you are eligible toclaim a child and it asks you questions like did you provide more than half the yearly support on the child and did the child live with you more than half the year. so to claim her wouldnt my ex have to lie to be eligible? Any idea how to change the ruling?? please help! we deserve to claim her we struggle and make sure she has everything she needs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">