• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claiming my half of our home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Menace

What is the name of your state? California

I am in the middle of a divorce and I am trying to figure out how to do my taxes.
Problem is I think she has claimed all the interest in the home we are selling.
In divorce I know I am entitled to half of all dept, marital possessions and so on.
Can I still claim half the interest in the home or should I just wait until the judge makes a ruling when we go to trial.
What would happen if I claim the half that I am entitled to?

Last edited:

moburkes

What is the name of your state? California

I am in the middle of a divorce and I am trying to figure out how to do my taxes.
Problem is I think she has claimed all the interest in the home we are selling.
In divorce I know I am entitled to half of all dept, marital possessions and so on.
Can I still claim half the interest in the home or should I just wait until the judge makes a ruling when we go to trial.
What would happen if I claim the half that I am entitled to?
Are you making the mortgage payments?

Menace

No, I live there and we have been living apart since September. She has paid half until October. I have been making the payments alone since.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">