• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claiming tax on RV if its my permanent address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I bought an RV (travel trailer) which I am living in it full time as my permanent address. Can I claim the interest I paid when I file my taxes next year (and the following years)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There is no requirement that it be lived in (it can be treated as a second home.)

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I bought an RV (travel trailer) which I am living in it full time as my permanent address. Can I claim the interest I paid when I file my taxes next year (and the following years)?
**A: is the lender giving you a 1098?

HomeGuru

It doesn't matter.
**A: correct, but my post was not meant to state that without the 1098 the interest would not be a valid deduction. It would be as FlyingRon posted.
I merely wanted to know if the 1098 was issued to the OP.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
**A: correct, but my post was not meant to state that without the 1098 the interest would not be a valid deduction. It would be as FlyingRon posted.
I merely wanted to know if the 1098 was issued to the OP.
Gotcha :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">