• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CohabitionTax Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

britty00

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?KY

Me and my Fiance have been living together for over three years now. I was wondering what the laws are about claiming her on my Taxes this year. She has only work for the first two months of this year and the rest of the year I have been paying all the bills. We are getting married in July of 2005 so at the end of that year we will be filing as married. What are my options. can I claim her on my taxes and in what way. As married or as an dependent. Is there comman law rules here in KY or do I just claim here as an dependent and if I just claim her as an depentdent then what do we do about her taxes this year. do we fill them but put 0 on her taxes since I claimed her. But what are the rules for claim her as an dependent. I pay all the bills, we have been living together for more then three years, and she made less the $1500.00 this year from her job she had at the beginning of the year. Thanks for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">