• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Combination of Group Long Term Disability and SSD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyrockdiamond

I moved to Florida,and just recently I was approved for SSD.Up until this I lived on Long Term Disabilty benefits,whis is a taxable income.
My question is that because now that I am approved to receive SSD benefits all the way back from June of 2006,when my Long Term Disabilty started,what will happen to the money which I already paid for federal (and state) taxes since then?I also owe some federal taxes,and also some NY state taxes,but we have a payment agreement with both the IRS and NY state.What should I do at this point?My income is less than $25,000 per year.Thanks so much if someone could advise me!!

LdiJ

I moved to Florida,and just recently I was approved for SSD.Up until this I lived on Long Term Disabilty benefits,whis is a taxable income.
My question is that because now that I am approved to receive SSD benefits all the way back from June of 2006,when my Long Term Disabilty started,what will happen to the money which I already paid for federal (and state) taxes since then?I also owe some federal taxes,and also some NY state taxes,but we have a payment agreement with both the IRS and NY state.What should I do at this point?My income is less than $25,000 per year.Thanks so much if someone could advise me!!
Are you going to have to pay pack and of the long term disability benefits?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">