• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company won't send W2 in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DerekUGA

I worked for a company last year (in Georgia) and left without a notice due to getting hired for another job & not really liking the owners & other employess. The company then sent my W2 to the wrong address, although I wrote it down on the application quite clearly.

The W2 was sent back to the company who does their payroll (in Oklahoma) & now they won't send it to me without me paying a fee up front. I am sure there is some kind of illegality to this as the money belongs to the government, not the payroll company. What can I do to make them send the W2 to my address?

artsy

the IRS will help you get your W2!

Go here-the IRS will help you get your W2! http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc154.html

I recenly had the same problem with a company in Oklahoma wanting to charge $50-70 to make a copy of a W2. After reading this IRS article, I called the company and asked the snotty secretery again for a copy. When she told me the cost, I told her I was going to hang up and report her to the IRS and they could get me a free copy! She turned so sweet, even faxed me a copy as well as mailed one-lol. Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">