• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor to W-2 with no per diem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maverick_zx6

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Live in NC, work in VA

I am a contractor who works for a consulting company based in Charlotte, NC. I was subcontracted to a VA consulting company for a project in VA. Initially, I negotiated an hourly rate and a per diem all-inclusive on a W-2 status with my company. Now, because this position requires a security clearance, the subcontracting company is saying that I must now become a W-2 employee of their company, accept a lower hourly rate with no per diem. I feel they are taking advantage of me (and other contractors) because if we don't accept the deal, then they will just release us from the project and find someone else. What recourse do I have?

abezon

Find another job through your company.

You can also request reimbursement of any out-of-pocket expenses from the contracting company changing the terms of the agreement (for example, the costs of subleasing your apt in VA). You may even be able to get your employer to reimburse you & add the cost to the contracting company's fee to break the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">