• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate tax problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rich Appleton

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am Terrible at paperwork and accounting. In 2009 I started my company, an accountant that owed me money said she would pay me by doing my accounting. She suggested I incorporate. Since then I have paid sales tax but didn't file any income tax until 2011. At which time she said she would dissolve the corporation. She said I would have to pay BIG penalties for not filing since the corporation was started. I paid for the corporation in 2010. Can I dissolve the corporation? I shouldn't have become a corporation since there are no partners? I just received a bill from the Franchise tax board for $800 + penalties and interest = $1485.00 if the corporation made no money (but my company did) can I get out of dealing with the "corporate headaches"?

tranquility

See a tax professional. Why would you say your company made money but your corporation didn't? By "corporation", are you an S, C or an LLC?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">