• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court ordered i pay ex out of my earned income credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theacesarewild

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Per divorce agreement, that if i claim both children i pay my ex out of my earned income credit as though he had claimed them which for this last year is $3,222.00, now since the court has ordered this, do i have any recourse as far as being able to deduct this income paid to him, does he have to declare it, should have to it's income out of my pocket to pay him can i file a misc-1099 or not, at the time of agreeing to this stipulation to the divorce i figured the irs wouldn't allow someone that isn't entitled to take the earned income credit to take it from me, well no one seems to know the answers i seek, can anyone please help me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">