• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CP2000 Notices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgeberent

California

I recieved a CP2000 notice from the IRS concerning an education credit I claimed. I responded to the notice by writing a letter and providing documentation supporting my letter and the expenses I claimed. They then sent me a letter back saying that no further action was due at this time, if taxes end up being due then they are required by law to collect interest on them, and I should hear back from them again within 60 days. Should I wait to file for my 2014 refund come January 23rd or should I wait until I receive another notice from the IRS. I am concerned they will hold my 2014 refund.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California

I recieved a CP2000 notice from the IRS concerning an education credit I claimed. I responded to the notice by writing a letter and providing documentation supporting my letter and the expenses I claimed. They then sent me a letter back saying that no further action was due at this time, if taxes end up being due then they are required by law to collect interest on them, and I should hear back from them again within 60 days. Should I wait to file for my 2014 refund come January 23rd or should I wait until I receive another notice from the IRS. I am concerned they will hold my 2014 refund.
You got your answer in the thread that you hijacked earlier. No need to create another thread to hear the same answer.

kgeberent

You got your answer in the thread that you hijacked earlier. No need to create another thread to hear the same answer.
I didn't purposely highjack the thread, its my first time using this site and I didn't realize I should start my own thread until I was told. I received an answer but I wanted to have the opportunity to hear any other advice I could get, which is why I then started my own thread :)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I didn't purposely highjack the thread, its my first time using this site and I didn't realize I should start my own thread until I was told. I received an answer but I wanted to have the opportunity to hear any other advice I could get, which is why I then started my own thread :)
You received the correct answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">