• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deadline for K-1 form?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spookyfishlizar

MI.

I am the beneficiary of a trust of a family member that is being handled by a bank. In Dec, they sent us a check for interest earned and said we would receive a K-1 form. Two weeks ago they told me that they had received them and were reviewing and sending out. April 15 is rapidly closing in and I still do not have the form. Is there a deadline that these forms need to be sent out by?

LdiJ

Deadlines for K-1s was 03/15.
Yep, I agree 100%, however, unfortunately that does not change the fact that its not all that unusual for trusts or partnerships, or even S-corps to send out K1's well past the deadline.

I end up doing amended or extended returns for many clients for that same reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">