• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deceased spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joules0101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KS

im having a problem getting the last w2 from my spouse's employer. they want a death cert. and i just do NOT have the money to get one. can i just file the taxes w/o that W2? i have absolutely ZERO clue what he made working for that employer and have no pay stubs

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? KS

im having a problem getting the last w2 from my spouse's employer. they want a death cert. and i just do NOT have the money to get one. can i just file the taxes w/o that W2? i have absolutely ZERO clue what he made working for that employer and have no pay stubs
Call the IRS and explain your problem. They may be able to help encourage the employer to provide you the W2.

However, generally a death certificate does not carry a high cost.

joules0101

my husband also has a final paycheck with this employer. The attorney for the company (a restaurant with only a couple local locations) supposedly told them not to send me anything w/o a death cert. *shrug* i could care less about the paycheck right now and understand them holding THAT from me for now but it irks me that i can't get his W2 from them

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">