• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dependant/taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miss_melissa

What is the name of your state? PA.

My brother and his ex-girlfriend lived together for 3 years. A year and a half ago they had a daughter. The ex-girlfriend has not had a job for 2 years. A couple of days after chistmas she took her daughter and herself and left the apartment that her and my brother, and their daughter were living in. On the January 4, she came to his place of employment and dropped off income tax papers. I think she thinks she wants him to file with their daughter, and I think she thinks she is gonna get some of the money, but she doesn't work and hasn't worked for 2 years. Well, she does get money from her shoulder she hurt at work 3 or 4 years back when she had surgery to fix it, I guess it ended up worse. Can anyone shed some light on this question, any would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Snipes5

If she has no income and they are not married, the only way she'll get money is if either A) He files and gives her some of the money, or B) She commits tax fraud.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">