• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dependents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elaine60

What is the name of your state? Indiana. My daughter is 19 and has two small children 5mths and 1 1/2. Anyway I help support all of them in the year 2004. I paid at least half of their support for living expenses etc. She was unable to work only for a couple of months. I provided them with a home and clothing and food. She will not be filing this year as she did not make anything and wants me to claim them on my taxes. Last year I claimed her and my granddaughter because they lived with me for 7 months out of the year and then I got them an apartment of their own. No one else is eligible to claim them. The children received no support from the father and he has no custody or visitation. Can I claim them on my taxes? I have proof that I supplied over half of their support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">