• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

did not file federal taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pasurfbum

What is the name of your state? pa
My husband and I did not file our federal income taxes for 2004 and 2005 and in the past we never owed but I think we do for those years and it's not alot [UNDER $1,000.00 EACH YEAR]and I was told that we should just file them and send the money we owe in with the forms and they will let us know about the penalties.My question is what if we don't have all the money to send in? Should we still just send them in or what?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? pa
My husband and I did not file our federal income taxes for 2004 and 2005 and in the past we never owed but I think we do for those years and it's not alot [UNDER $1,000.00 EACH YEAR]and I was told that we should just file them and send the money we owe in with the forms and they will let us know about the penalties.My question is what if we don't have all the money to send in? Should we still just send them in or what?
You send them in with as much money as you can reasonable afford (you need to send in each return separately, with a separate payment) and you include an "installment agreement" form with each of the returns, outlining how much you are are reasonably able to pay each month.

I know it seems more practical to send them in together, however the IRS frequently makes mistakes when you send in two returns together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">