• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

didnt get paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daffymickey

What is the name of your state?wisconsin. in march i started working at a pizza delivery place. they charge the customers a delivery charge of 2.00.they keep .50 and give me 1.50 for gas reimbusement. in sept. they stopped paying me because they said they had to back tax me on my gas reimbusement.is this okay?

Snipes5

It's only okay if you allow them to do it. You received a good reply in your other thread.

Take the answer you were given and follow up with your employer.

Snipes

daffymickey

no pay

wisconsin.if it is an accountable plan can they make me pay it on my checks or can i just pay it when i do my taxes?also can they charge me the whole 1.50 or just part of it?

Snipes5

An accountable plan isn't taxable at all. But if they just give you 1.50 per delivery, that is probably not an accountable plan.

daffymickey

wisconsin. if it is a non accountable plan then they are allowed to tax me on it? but can they charge me the whole 1.50 as taxes? can i do it by myself on my own taxes?

LdiJ

I read your other thread...and you got some advice that was a bit misleading, so I want to clarify it.

If it turns out that the income you got from the deliveries is taxable, you would then be entitled to deduct your mileage. Unfortunately, you probably haven't been keeping track of that.....but you need to start doing so immediately. If you can estimate your previous mileage in some rational and logical manner, that may be ok too.

Snipes5

From what you have said, it really sounds to me like the business has decided to just pocket the entire delivery charge, and not give you anything. They certainly CAN do that, but I don't see a tax-based reason for them to do so.

If that is really what they are doing, if it were me I'd be seeking other employment.

Speak to whomever does the payroll for sure, and find out exactly what is going on. From your posts it really sounds like you don't have a good grasp of what they are doing.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">