• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dissolution of nonprofit corporation in New Mexico

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chuckles11

What is the name of your state (New Mexico)

THE IRS STATES THAT MONEY CAN BE RETURNED TO MEMBERS IN PROPORTION TO AMOUNTS PAID = NON INUREMENT. SO, THEY ARE NOT A PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO. NO MONEY WAS EVER DONATED BY ANYONE EXCEPT MEMBERS BY DUES AND DONATIONS. NEW MEXICO STATE HAS RECEIVED TAX PAYMENTS ON ALL MONEY DONATED, INCLUDING DUES. DOES THE NEW MEXICO NON PROFIT CORPORATION ACT (CHAPTER 53, ARTICLE 8 NMSA 1978) APPLY TO OUR FUND DISBURSEMENT? WE WERE HOPING TO RETURN THE MONEY TO THE MEMBERS. OUR NONPROFIT STATUS IS 501(C)(6).

Silverplum

Are you saying that if I put my question in small type that you will give me an answer to the question? ;)
Stephan is saying that your caps lock is on, which makes your post hard to read.

I'm saying that we don't use all caps here, because it's difficult to read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">