• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any way to save my Texas property since I am delinquent on property taxes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ARD Texas

Texas

My brother and I were made the owners of 2 pieces of property in Angelina County Texas after my mother died in 1999. One of them is our childhood home and the other is just piece of property that was bought with plans to build on it some day, but is still bare. Property taxes now amount to $10,000.00 total for both and my brother will sign a quit claim to let the properties go, with no interest to save them. I would like to keep them, but the law office wants approximately $2500.00 before they will accept a payment plan ($150.00/mo), because of the severe delinquency. They also said they will not split up the properties so that I could possibly save one. There is only a month left before they make a claim for them.

Is there anything I can do? If not, what are the next steps I can take?

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">