• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to pay state tax?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashley.febus

California :confused:
I am in the military as I said before and my question is this, I have been living in Idaho for the past year[Mar 2004-present]. I paid CA state tax, I was in CA from Jan-Mar 2004 for my tech school, then I got stationed in Idaho from the middle of Mar-present, then in Sept/Oct 2004 time frame I stopped that deduction from my check because my supervisor also from CA told me that we didn't have to pay the state tax because we weren't actually residing there. I haven't paid any since then and I was wondering if that was true or how it all works? I am moving to England by the end of May/June for the rest of my enlistment and I don't want to get into any trouble I'm just trying to find answers, thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">