• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to issue a 1099 to ABA therapists?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobbReck

I am in Colorado.

My Family Employs ABA Therapists For Our Autistic Son.

I Was Reading About 1099's And 1096's And The Resources I Read Said That A "Trade Or Business" Is Required To Issue 1099's And 1096's. As A Private Family Are Those Forms Required? What Is?

LdiJ

I am in Colorado.

My Family Employs ABA Therapists For Our Autistic Son.

I Was Reading About 1099's And 1096's And The Resources I Read Said That A "Trade Or Business" Is Required To Issue 1099's And 1096's. As A Private Family Are Those Forms Required? What Is?
If ABA Therapists is a corporation, it shouldn't be necessary. It actually shouldn't be necessary at all, just like its not necessary to give your doctor or dentist a 1099. However, some home health care organizations set things up in a particular manner that makes you directly contract with the therapist for services and then it may be necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">