• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to pay taxes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worker2

What is the name of your state? Florida

I work with a local racetrack on Saturday, but have decided that to spend nearly my whole day there and after gas and food, I'm not making enough money to contirune.

I've earned $505 so far this year from them. If I were to quit, would I still have to pay taxes (I think they said a 1099 form?). I heard that unless you make $700 from an employer you don't need to pay taxes.

Any help is appreciated.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Florida

I work with a local racetrack on Saturday, but have decided that to spend nearly my whole day there and after gas and food, I'm not making enough money to contirune.

I've earned $505 so far this year from them. If I were to quit, would I still have to pay taxes (I think they said a 1099 form?). I heard that unless you make $700 from an employer you don't need to pay taxes.

Any help is appreciated.
That is incorrect. If you earn more than 400.00 from self employment (1099) then you are required to report the income and pay taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">