• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't really know where to go from here...please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PeytonsMommy

I live in ca. I just recently filed my '09 return online and just discovered that it was rejected due to the fact that when i claimed my 9month old daughter, her ssn# had already been used. I have now discovered that her father/my ex claimed her on his return already! He has absolutely no custody of my baby, nor does he pay any kind of child support whatsoever! He didn't even discuss this with me and we never had any kind of agreement about him claiming her! I don't understand where he thinks he has the right to claim her when i have always supported our daughter 100% and i have sole custody! Where do i go from here??? Please help! Thank you!

LdiJ

I live in ca. I just recently filed my '09 return online and just discovered that it was rejected due to the fact that when i claimed my 9month old daughter, her ssn# had already been used. I have now discovered that her father/my ex claimed her on his return already! He has absolutely no custody of my baby, nor does he pay any kind of child support whatsoever! He didn't even discuss this with me and we never had any kind of agreement about him claiming her! I don't understand where he thinks he has the right to claim her when i have always supported our daughter 100% and i have sole custody! Where do i go from here??? Please help! Thank you!
What you do now is you file a paper return, via mail. That means that you will have to wait 4-8 weeks for your refund, but you will get your refund.

Later on down the road the IRS will investigate the duplicate claim, and your ex will end up having to pay back the excess refund that he received, plus penalties and interest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">